We are looking for our next Director of Development. To apply please email a cover letter, resume, 2 professional references, and a writing sample to Stephanie Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Development
The ideal candidate will be an outgoing relationship-builder that is responsible for all partnerships and fundraising related to the organization. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Director of Development will spearhead development efforts as NAMI Montgomery County continues to grow.
- Develop and execute NAMI MC’s annual fundraising plan.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Create and implement strategies to increase donor retention.
- Identify new individual donors, foundations, and corporate donors.
- Work with the Program Team to establish a participant alumni network
- Maintain ongoing communications with donors.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Oversee grants as part of an overall fundraising strategy including research, coordinating proposal writing with contractors and the Program Team, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events. Major special events currently include a spring walk and fall dinner.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Manage the use of our customer relationship management software and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Oversee the creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- BA (required), MA (a plus).
- Three-years plus experience in development.
- Successful development record.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly in major gift fundraising.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Be organized and exhibit follow through on tasks and goals.
- Knowledge of Salsa (preferred).
Starts at $70,000 and is commensurate with experience and other qualifications
- Medical Insurance
- Short term disability
- Life insurance
- 3 weeks paid leave which increases to 5 weeks after 5 years of service
- Working with a great group of passionate professionals!
E-mail to Stephanie Rosen at email@example.com
- Cover letter
- 2 professional references
- A donor or thank you writing sample is preferred
About NAMI MC
The National Alliance on Mental Illness of Montgomery County (NAMI MC) envisions a future where all people affected by mental health conditions live healthy fulfilling lives supported by a community that cares. NAMI MC works to make that vision a reality by building communities of peers to provide support, education, and advocacy for all affected by mental health conditions.
Since 1978 NAMI MC has been a local affiliate of our Nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental health conditions. NAMI distinguishes itself from other mental health care providers by leveraging the valuable “lived experience” of peer volunteers, who themselves live with mental health conditions or have cared for someone living with a mental health condition. In 2019 alone, 132 trained volunteers gave 4,639 hours to deliver NAMI MC programs to families in Montgomery County. This is how NAMI MC reaches 5,659 community members with only 6 staff members and a budget of $650,000 a year.