NAMI MC Programs
Find support from people who’ve been there.
We provide mental health programs for caregivers, family members, individuals living with mental illness, and the general public, at no cost to participants. NAMI MC programs incorporate peer support and are led by individuals with “lived-experience” with mental illness.
Our core programs include:
- Education Classes
- Support groups
- Mental Health Access program
- Resource helpline
Each of the NAMI Signature programs is:
- Peer-Led: All classes and support groups are led by trained peers who understand mental illness first-hand.
- Group-Based: Classes and support groups provide the opportunity for mutual support and positive impact. You can experience compassion and reinforcement by connecting with peers who relate to your experiences. Through your participation, you also have the opportunity to help others grow.
- Confidential: NAMI’s programs are a confidential place to learn from shared experiences.
- Recovery-Focused: Learn to identify and access resources in Montgomery County to support recovery. Because recovery is a personal journey, NAMI MC never recommends a specific medical therapy or treatment approach.
NAMI’s Signature education and support groups programs are offered at no cost to participants throughout Montgomery County.