Recovery Support Groups
NAMI Connection is a recovery support group program for adults living with mental illness that meets monthly, twice a month, or weekly, depending on location. These groups provide a place that offers respect, understanding, encouragement, and hope. NAMI Connection groups offer a casual and relaxed approach to sharing the challenges and successes of coping with mental illness. Each group:
- Meets weekly for 90 minutes
- Is offered free of charge
- Follows a flexible structure without an educational format
- Does not recommend or endorse any medications or other medical therapies
- Is confidential – participants can share as much or as little personal information as they wish.
Support groups are open to all adults with mental illness, regardless of diagnosis. Participants should feel welcome to drop by and share feelings, difficulties, or successes. We have groups in Olney, Rockville, Silver Spring, and Wheaton. We also have a young adult connection recovery support group, intended specifically for young adults (18-30).