Below is a list of mental health resources available to help individuals cope with the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- American Psychological Association: Provides resources and tips for coping with COVID-19 and distancing.
- NAMI National Resource Library: Provides an extensive list of support, education, and information.
- Psych Central: Provides mental health resources, a special coping guide for COVID-19, and online support communities.
- PsychHub: Free resource hub to help people address their mental health needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- SAMSHA Disaster Distress Helpline: Provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters. 1-800-985-5990.
- 7 Cups: Offers a free 24/7 chat service with a trained listener. Also offers a fee-for-service online therapy with a licensed therapist.
- The Tribe Wellness Community: Offers support groups for a range of topics including anxiety, OCD, depression, addiction, and more.
America Red Cross: This free, on-demand course will help you to build resilience and support yourself and others through this crisis by reviewing basic principles of providing psychological first aid, including how to recognize and manage stress in yourself and in others and how to lend support to family members, friends and coworkers during and following the COVID-19 outbreak.
Cornerstone Cares is a free website for anyone looking for essential training resources to help them get through the Coronavirus crisis. It features online courses for protecting yourself and others, tools for practicing self-care and managing stress, as well as helpful tips for staying productive while working remotely.
- Aunt Bertha: Search engine for connecting individuals with free and reduced-cost local resources such as transportation, food, and medical care.
- Help When You Need It: Online service that connects individuals to listings of resources for food assistance, housing, healthcare, and financial assistance.
- USA Gov – Help With Bills: Provides information on how to access financial assistance through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Healthwell Foundation: Provides financial assistance for the underinsured to afford critical medical treatments (typically chronic physical diseases, not mental health conditions).
- The Assistance Fund: Provides financial assistance to cover costs not paid for by insurance for eligible individuals.
- Rise Above the Disorder: Makes mental health care free to individuals by connecting them to therapists and applying for grants to cover the cost of therapy.
- Patient Advocate Foundation: Provides information and support for those living with a chronic, life-threatening or disabling disease OR diagnosed with COVID during the Coronavirus pandemic.