Join a Support Group Online
NAMI MC is excited to provide free support groups during this difficult time with COVID-19 social distancing and self-quarantining. We are temporarily moving our groups to an online meeting platform, Zoom.
To join a group, click the link below under the support group you want to join. Follow the instructions to register. Once you register, you will be emailed the confirmation info that includes:
- The meeting’s Zoom link.
- The meeting’s Zoom phone numbers.
- The meeting’s ID number.
You may use your phone (using the Zoom app or by calling in), your computer, or a tablet. After registering and then joining the meeting, you can use your device’s microphone. If you do not have access to a computer or tablet with a microphone, you can call into the meeting using either of the phone numbers provided in your confirmation email. Then enter the Meeting ID number that is associated with the group.
Our group facilitators will be running the meeting on-screen with full video/audio of themselves. We ask that you participate to the best of your ability through your computer, smartphone, or calling in on your phone. You are NOT required to appear on-screen.
However you join us, we ask that you please bear with us in our trial-and-error stage of moving our groups onto Zoom. Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience as we all work together at this time.
- If you are unable to join the call from the link, download the Zoom app first and then try again. You may also watch this video on how to join a Zoom meeting.
- If you are not being heard, or can not hear others in the call, please leave the call by clicking “Leave Meeting” in the top or bottom right hand corner. Join the same meeting again, making sure to follow the guidelines.
- Computer users: Make sure you “Join with audio” so we can hear you!
- Smartphone users: Allow Zoom to access your microphone so we can hear you! Select “Call using internet audio” for the easiest audio option.
Please remember these are confidential meetings and our group guidelines still apply even if you are physically not in the group.
If you can’t join a Zoom group, please consider donating to help continue offering our support groups at no cost to participants.